History

1901   Founded by Benedictus Klemens Mersch
1901 – 1950   Active as a blacksmith and metal workshop
1948 – 1949   Clemens Mersch, son of Benedictus Klemens Mersch works in locksmith’s trade, steel construction and shop windows
1949   Heinz Feldhaus, nephew of Clemens Mersch joins the company as trainee
1953 – 1955   Journeyman Heinz Feldhaus gets first contacts to Aluminiumconstruction in Switzerland, in 1955 he returns to Emsdetten
1958   Start of aluminium processing, Heinz Feldhaus gets awarded his Masters Degree
1960   First large projects with complete aluminium window construction
1966   Heinz Feldhaus is appointed Managing Director of the company
1966   Extension of business to construction of facades
1978   Name change to F E L D H A U S Fenster + Fassaden
1978   Dipl. Ing. Manfred Feldhaus joins the company as project manager
1979   Relocation of manufacturing premises to Grevener Damm in Emsdetten
1980   First large projects abroad
1982   Introduction of CAD design workplaces
1983   Manfred Feldhaus is appointed Managing Director of the company
1984   Start of industrial production of windows and facades using profile and sheet processing flow line
1993   Complete reorganisation of production processes
1996   Environmental protection agreement with A/U/F
2001   Extension and renovation of all workshops and offices, the FUTURE FOCUS is build, new office block for administration and design
2001   100 year anniversary is celebrated with 850 guests on 2001-06-22
2006   Heinz Feldhaus retires, Christoph Juettner and Klaus von Rekowski are appointed to the board of directors. Manfred Feldhaus remains Managing Director
2013   Heinz Feldhaus passed away 15th September 2013
2016   Justus and Jannik Feldhaus join the company as shareholders
2016   Manfred Feldhaus hand’s off all operative duties, Stefan Sandmann is appointed as COO to the board of directors